“The Big One”Listed in Main Courses
- One chicken breast per salad
- 1/2 head fresh lettuce, (your choice) per salad
- 1/2 large onion per salad
- 1 handful baby spinach per salad
- 1 Portabella mushroom cap per salad
- 1/2 green pepper per salad
- 1 Tablespoon TorchBearer Sauces Sultry Sauce or Tingly Sauce per salad
- 1/2 tomato, sliced per salad
- 4 oz goat cheese or shredded cheddar per salad
- 2 oz sliced almonds per salad
- red chili pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
Preheat a large skillet on medium heat, with about 2 to 3 Tablespoons of oil. Slice or cube chicken, spice with salt, Sultry Sauce, pepper and chili pepper flakes.
Slice or chop mushrooms.
Cook all of the chicken, and most of the onions, peppers, and mushrooms, reserving some to add raw in your salad.
Shred or chop lettuce.
In a large salad bowl toss lightly the lettuce, spinach, tomato, cheese, onion, almond slices, pepper and mushrooms. Pour cooked chicken mixture over salad and toss lightly. The cheese will melt and make its own dressing with the juices from the pan.