Ultimate Grilled Cheese
- 1 sweet pepper (red, yellow, or orange), sliced into thin strips
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 Portabella mushroom cap, sliced thin
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons TorchBearer Sauces Tingly or Sultry Sauce™
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices bread
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 8 slices American cheese
In a medium skillet cook the peppers, onions and mushrooms with the 2 Tablespoons of oil, Tingly or Sultry Sauce™, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook until onions start to caramelize.
Butter one side of each slice of bread. Build the sandwiches by placing one slice of cheese on the unbuttered side of 4 slices of bread. Top with 1 quarter of onion mix then add the last slice of cheese. Top with the last slice of bread, making sure the buttered side is up away from the cheese.
Grill on medium heat in a large skillet or griddle pan for about 5 minutes a side, or until golden brown. Carefully flip the sandwiches and grill again until the bread is golden brown.
Cut diagonally and serve.