Vid and Lexi’s Veggie Lasagna
- 2 Tbsp veggie oil
- 4 bell peppers of any color diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 carrots sliced
- 1 zuchini sliced
- 1 package of mushrooms diced
- 3-4 cloves of garlic minced
- 6 roma tomatoes diced
- 2 heads of broccoli chopped
- 2-4 hot peppers of choice diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10oz spinach chopped
- 8 oz cottage cheese
- 24 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 and ½ cups shredded mozzarella
- ¾ a cup parmesan cheese
Optional: 4 tablespoons of Tingly Sauce™
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Cook Lasagna noodles per package directions
- Heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the bell peppers, roma tomatoes, broccoli, mushrooms, onion, carrots and zuchinni. Cook until tender and juicy. Set aside. IF you are using TorchBearer Sauces, this would be the best step to add it.
- in a small frying pan blanch the spinach until it is very soft.
- mix the ricotta and cottage cheese together, adding some basil, oregano, any other spices you prefer into the mix. Now add half of the Parmesean to the mix as well. Finally mix in the spinach you have blanched and stir til nicely mixed.
- Put 1/3 of the ricotta mix on the bottom of the pan and top it with 1/3 of the veggies. Now put a layer of noodles and repeat 2 more times. If there is anything left over when you get to the 3rd layer of noodles add it to the top of the lasagna and put the rest of the mozzarella on the top.
- place the pan in the oven and bake for 35 minutes.